Back to Top


How do I request archived records?

Archived records can be requested through our Archives Department, via phone, mail, or the 'Search Archives' function.

How do I find out when I can visit the Archives?

You will need to call the Archives at (812) 379-1503 to schedule an appointment since the office hours vary.

How do I pay for requested archive materials?

Check or money order only at this time.  Once payment has been received copies requested will be sent via USPS or can be picked up at the Archives' Office through appointment only.

How do I receive requested archived documents?

Requested archived documents are sent either through USPS mail or can be picked up by appointment.  Documents are not emailed at this time.

How do I request marriage records?

Archives houses marriage records returned from the state only.  You will need to contact the Bartholomew County Clerk's Office for the actual license and application.

How do I find out the timeframe the archive records cover?

Years range from the 1800’s to early 1900’s.  Additional detailed dates can be obtained by contacting the Archives Department.

How do I request birth and death records?

The Bartholomew County Archives does not house birth or death records.  They are obtained through the Bartholomew County Health Department.