About Us

Tami Hines,

The Recorder is an elected position authorized by Article 6, Section 2 of the Indiana Constitution and serves a four (4) year term.  IC 36-2-11 details the specific duties of the recorder position which focuses mainly on the recording, filing, and preservation of documentation in the realm of property records.  Recorded documents or instruments must meet the requirements of IC 36-2-11-16 and IC 36-2-11-16.5.  Instruments recorded in the Recorder's office include Deeds, Mortgages, Assignments, Releases, Powers of Attorney, Real Estate Contracts, Annexations, Trustee Elections, Affidavits, Surveys, Federal Tax Liens, Mechanics Liens, Military Discharges, Articles of Incorporation, Cemetery Deeds, Bonds, Plats, Condominiums, Firms Doing Business Under Assumed Names, Delinquent Sewer Liens, and Miscellaneous Instruments. 

The costs associated with obtaining copies of any instrument are located in our fees section.


Chief Deputy: Pam Cain

2nd Deputy: Teresa (Terri) Perkinson

2nd Deputy: Melissa Kirk





CSC eRecording Solutions
Email Address -
Phone Number - 866-652-0111
Website - www.erecording.com




Contact: Michelle Wilsey, sales Director, Indiana
Email Address - ,
Phone Number - 800-460-5657 x2
Website - www.simplifile.com




Fees (Effective July 1, 2017)

County Recorder fees are prescribed by IC 36-2-7-10


Not Exceeding 8 1/2" X 14"
(Including rerecorded instruments - fee includes 1 oversized page)


Not Exceeding 8 1/2" X 14" $55

Affidavits / Other Documents

Not Exceeding 8 1/2" X 14" $25

Each Release / Partial Release / Assignment

Not Exceeding 8 1/2" X 14" $25

Any Document Exceeding 9" X 15"

Within any document shall be charged  $5

Mechanic's Lien

With One First-Class Mailing, First Page
Each Additional Mailing

Requirements to Conform:

Each page no larger than 8-1/2" X 14", Black ink in at least 10-point type on 20 lb. paper, 2" margin on the top and bottom of first & last pages & 1/2" on both sides. Interior pages require a 1/2" margin on top, bottom, and sides. No permanent-bound or continuous-form paper.

Additional Services

Each Cross-Reference of a Recorded Document
Certifying or Acknowledging a Document
Copies 11" X 17" or smaller per page
Copies Larger than 11" X 17" per page

Uniform Commercial Codes

Financing Statement, 2 Pages or Less
Financing Statement, 3 Pages or More
Amendment, 2 Pages or Less
Amendment, 3 Pages or More
Search, One Name
Each Additional Name

Only Fixture Filings, liens on crops to be paid as rent, Termination's on all filings currently in our office, Thresher's liens, Blacksmith liens, and amendments on the above will be filed at the County level.

When needing to amend or assign a file currently in our office, file a UCC Financing Statement Amendment accompanied by and In Lieu of Form at Secretary of State Office. The In Lieu of Form will move the filing to Secretary of State Office making it active for another 5 years.

How Do I...

How do I request a form if I want to prepare a Recorder's document myself?

The Recorder's office urges you to consult firms, companies, or persons familiar with the transaction to assist you.  Should this not be your choice, various forms may be purchased at stationary stores.  The responsibility to choose the correct form is yours.

How do I contact the recorder's office to perform a search?

The Recorder's office is required to preserve by general indices on all documents recorded by Bartholomew County.  Should you need to search for a document, we will direct you in the use of these books and computer software.  Our office is located on the second floor of the Governmental Office Building at 440 Third Street.

How do I request a copy of my land records?

You can visit the DoxPop.com website.  Copies may be purchased through them.

Recorder's Office

Certificate of Assumed Business Name (14099 downloads) Popular #